Thursday, March 3, 2011

Feels Like Spring!



Hello everyone!

I've been MIA again!  Tax season just started...  and as you know, I hardly have *a life* during these days :-(

But still I managed to take some time off and craft a little ;-)

So today I want to show you a Magnolia card I did, which I also did for several challenges...


The challenges are...  Cute Card Thursday *Signs of Spring*...  Magnolia Down Under Challenges *Flower Power*...  Wild Orchid Challenges *Anything Goes*...  Lollipop Crafts *Think Spring*.  It's been so long since I don't participate in a challenge as normal competitor...  and not as a DT...  that I completely forgot how exciting it was! :-D  I only wish I had more time to do it more often.

Anyhow...  about my card...  this time I tried different colors to color Tilda's skin.  I usually go with Distress Inks *Tattered Rose + Tea Dye*, but instead I used *Tattered Rose + Vintage Photo*.  Loved the way it turned out...  but man, it was scary!  I really don't know how my fellow Magnolia DT members do it...  they always go for the most eye-popping colors and then use them beautifully.  Oh well...  I better stop panicking and start practicing instead, right?

Well, *thanks* for stopping by!  And as always, at the end of this post is the supplies list.

Happy Stamping!

Recipe:
  • Patterned Paper - Fancy Pants
  • Stamps - Magnolia
  • Inks - StazOn Timber Brown, Distress Inks (Hair: Antique Linen, Walnut Stain; Skin: Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo, Aged Mahogany; Dress & Shoes: Victorian Velvet; Sheep: Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood, Old Paper)
  • Pearls - Tickled Pink Stamps
  • Scallop Circle - Nestabilities
  • Other - Ribbon, machine stitching, paper flowers

10 comments:

Iulia said...

Gorgeous card with beautiful colors! Love the distressing and Tilda looks amazing!
Hugs, Iulia

Christina C. said...

Yanitza, you created another masterpiece here! Love, love this wonderful, gorgeous, adorable card!!!! Magnificent coloring of this sweet image!!!

Zulma said...

Stunning Yani! Love this cute Tilda and beautifuld/p. Thakns for playing with ua at Lollipop Crafts this week, good luck!
Hugs,
Zulma DT

Karen said...

WOW Yani!! I love your card, especially the ribbon - its so soft:-) Thanks so much for playing along this week at MDUC - hope we see you again next week;-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

TaraG said...

OMGosh this is STUNNING, Yani! Oh I love this sweet Tilda with Lamb... gorgeous colouring and I love the flowers and beautifully luscious seam binding bow! Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC!
Hugs,t

Kristel said...

Woww that is a stunning card Yanitza!!
Hugs Kristel

Janiel/ janny said...

BEAUTIFUL!!
hugs, Janiel

Julie said...

Super cute! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Sonia said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Yani!! Tilda looks so funny and adorable with her big cheeks
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Mieke said...

What a beuatiful cards you made. I came here by bloghopping. It's wonderful overhere.

I like your cards.

Have a nice day.

XX Mieke

http://hethobbyhoekje-vanmieke.blogspot.com/