Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Magnolia Birthday Card


And it was about time that I made a Magnolia card...LOL!

So here's a little one I did for my MIL, who celebrated her birthday recently...


This card IS NOT of my original inspiration...  I did it inspired in my fellow Magnolia DT--Camilla H.  She did a beautiful job with hers...  you can see it here.  And so I decided to give this layout a try.

I colored Tilda with Distress Inks, and handmade the flowers with my Sizzix.  I also did a lot of distressing and machine sewing.  The title "Feliz Cumpleaños" (Happy Birthday) was created with a computer font.  At the end of this post is the full supplies list.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:

  • Patterned Papers - Lost & Found by My Mind's Eye
  • Stamp - Magnolia (Christmas 2010)
  • Inks - StazOn Timber Brown, Tim Holtz's Distress Inks
  • Oval & Scallop Oval templates - Nestabilities
  • Paper Flowers - Sizzix
  • Border punch - Martha Stewart
  • Pink Pearls - Tickled Pink Stamps
  • Other - Ribbons, Stickles, machine stitching, dimensionals

7 comments:

Zulma said...

Beautiful Jany! I love the way you coloured the Magnolia, I need to learn how to do that. Great d/p and embellishments. A big hug, Zulma.

Jazzie Casas said...

Lovin this one! A while back I was looking for a birthday card for a friend. I wanted a real ball busting card. I had zero luck finding what I was looking for. I told a group of friends about this problem one night while we were having a few drinks. We proceeded to get smashed and make up a bunch of greeting cards we found funny. I had been writing down the cards we made up and the next morning I read them. Much to my surprise the cards were still funny even when sober.

Christina C. said...

This is soooooo gorgeous, Yanitza!!!
Love your beautiful Tilda and all the wonderful details!

Deeanna said...

Amazing work. Wow she is beautiful:}

Ewarost said...

Piękna karta z magnolią. Brawo!!!

Marushy said...

Oh sooo wunderful card. A Dream!

Hugs
Marushy

http://marushysmagnoliablog.blogspot.com/

http://marushy.blogspot.com/

Frances said...

Lovely card! The color combination looks great...Frances.