Monday, May 10, 2010

Lovely Mom


Hi everyone,

I hope that you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!  I sure did...  spending time with my relatives ;-)

And honoring yesterday's celebration, here's the card I gave my mom...  which is also the one I prepared for this week's challenge at Stamp With Fun...


This was a quick card to make.  I spent most of my time coloring Tilda and making those big pink paper flowers that you see on the left...  and believ me, they didn't take that much to prepare.  For these flowers I used a tutorial published on the latest issue of Magnolia Ink.  It is so well explained and so easy to follow, that you will want to make all of your flowers with this tute ;-)

Just in case, the other paper flowers (blue ones and small pink flowers) are 'already made' flowers that I bought at a local craft store.

Now drop by Stamp With Fun for more inspiration ;-)

Happy Stamping!

Recipe:
  • Cardstock - Kraft
  • Patterned Paper - Letterbox
  • Stamp - Magnolia
  • Inks - Jet Black StazOn, Distress Inks (Hair: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo; Skin: Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo; Cheeks: Worn Lipstick; Dress: Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Shabby Shutters; Socks: Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick; Shoes: Tea Dye, Walnut Stain; Flowers & Basket: Fired Brick, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Tea Dye, Walnut Stain).
  • Felt Butterfly - Heidi Swapp
  • Black Letter Stickers - Me & My Big Ideas
  • Pink Letter Stickers - Basic Grey
  • Other - Martha Stewart's Butterfly Punch, Sizzix, Stickles, Paper Flowers, Tulle, Crepe Paper

2 comments:

Renkata said...

Very beautiful card. Gorgeous details.

Unknown said...

this is beautiful! and the colouring is great!

hugs
Malin